- A Master’s Degree in a related field (e.g., Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Education, etc.) and documentation of one (1) year of full time employment working with individuals with disabilities; or A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Education, etc.) and documentation of three (3) years of full time employment in working with individuals with disabilities; or A high school diploma or GED and documentation of seven (7) years of full time employment in working with individuals with disabilities.
- Less technical direct services shall be under the direction and supervision of personnel who meet the criteria above and meet the following criteria: Have a high school diploma or GED, and One (1) year of documented experience, preferably working with individuals with disabilities and involved in the provision of vocational rehabilitation services including job development and/or coaching; and knowledge and competency by evidence of documented training and/or work experience, gained within one (1) year of their hiring date, in the following areas:
- Disabilities Awareness
- Barriers and issues that prevent individuals with disabilities (particularly severe disabilities) from entering and succeeding in the workplace.
- Strategies necessary for achieving successful, long-term employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities and how these strategies will lead to improved employment outcomes.
- Work Readiness and Employability Skills.
- Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Pass Central Registry
- Pass a consumer background check
- Pass E-Verify
- Minimum of 25 years of age or older with a clean driving record
- Ability to multi-task, work flexible hours, submit progress reports
Tasks and Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide engaging and relevant Pre-Employment Transitional Services to qualifying students aged 14-22 with an IEP, 504 Plan or physician documented disability:
- Job Exploration
- Counseling on Post-Secondary Education
- Self-Advocacy Instruction
- Work Readiness Training
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Complete workshop progress notes
- Submit in a timely manner in the appropriate format
- Submit client attendance records
- Attend any trainings or meetings that EES asks you to participate in.